Vendor Category Definitions
Please read carefully to select the correct category. If you have questions about where you fit please contact the Executive Director before you apply.
Agricultural Producer ($45/wk):
- Produce that has been grown on the producer’s land (including leased land) located within 150 miles of the market attended
- Meat (excepting fish, fowl and feral animals), that is from animals born and bred on the producers’ land (including leased land) and processed at a USDA inspected facility as well as processed meat products such as bacon, jerky and sausage, or products such as eggs, cheese, yogurt, honey, soap or yarn from these animals
- Examples: Farmers, Ranchers, Beekeepers
- Culinary products from any operation that has changed the form, flavor, blend and/or the substance of raw products using as many market products as available, preference given to those vendors who use local products. Organic ingredients must be incorporated when available. Commercial kitchen must be within 150 miles of the market attended. Value Added vendors operate under a Class A or B City of Austin Farmers’ Market Permit or as Cottage food producers or in some cases (e.g. dog food) do not need a COA health permit.
- Examples: Salsa, Hummus, Cider, Dog Food & Treats, Baked Goods, Herbal products
Prepared Food ($65/wk):
- Vendors offer freshly made food and drinks available for sale and immediate consumption on-site at TFM. These products may be hot or cold ready-to-eat foods or drinks under a Class C City of Austin Farmers’ Market Health Department permit. Products must use as many market products as available, preference given to those vendors who use local products. Organic ingredients must be incorporated when available. Commercial kitchen must be located within 150 miles of the market attended.
- Examples: Waffles, Brisket, Iced Beverages
- Materials from outside the area of the farmers’ market when integrated with other local products or created by a local artisan located within 150 miles of the market attended.
- Examples: Beauty and skincare products, jewelry, art, ceramics
Healthy Living ($75/wk):
- No physical products sold. Fitness, wellness and other vendor types that do not fit within the traditional boundaries of the vendor listings above. Not a common vendor type, please check with Executive Director before applying under this category.
- Examples: Workout and fitness-based businesses, chiropractic care
- Non-profit, non-partisan organizations may apply for complimentary booth space at any market based on availability. No fundraising allowed at markets and no sales activities allowed.
- Examples: Pet adoption groups, voter registration, blood drives, Girl Scouts