Prepared Food Vendor Application
Prepared Food vendors offer freshly made food and drinks available for sale and immediate consumption on-site at TFM. These products may be hot or cold ready-to-eat foods or drinks under a Class C City of Austin Farmers’ Market Health Department permit. Products must use as many market products as available, preference given to those vendors who use local products. Organic ingredients must be incorporated when available. Commercial kitchen must be located within 150 miles of the market attended.
-Examples: Waffles, Brisket, Iced Beverages
- NEW VENDORS: A $75 application fee is required in order to process any new vendor applications. Pay the fee here. Must be paid before TFM will consider your application or discuss details surrounding your application. No refunds issued. Paying this fee does not guarantee admission to the market(s).
- Texas Farmers’ Markets are year round, rain or shine markets, weekly attendance is expected 40 of 50 weeks minimum. If you cannot commit to that attendance and/or use of seasonal market products, please do not apply.
- Food to be sold must be presented for sampling and inspection of labeling before acceptance into market/s. The executive director will request these samples from you, please do not drop off before invited to do so.
All food items must be clearly labeled according to Texas law and include:
- Contact information: address, phone number and/or email address
- Common usual name of product that consumers will recognize
- List of ingredients according to weight
- The eight major food allergens
- Please read Texas labeling laws here for details
Farmers’ Market Permitting FAQs:
- What type of permit do I need?
- COA Food permitting FAQ sheet
- COA phone number (512) 978-0300
- Address: 1520 Rutherford Lane, 78767. Southeast entrance, building 1, 2nd floor
- Walk-in Hours: Monday through Friday 7:45 AM to 3:30 PM, call to confirm hours for lobby (7:45a-4:30p)
- The processed permit must be picked up in person.
PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR NEW VENDORS:
- Read the Market Rules.
- Pay $75 application fee online here – Must be paid before TFM will consider your application or discuss details surrounding your application. No refunds issued. Paying this fee does not guarantee admission to the market(s).
- Fill out application form.
- AFTER being contacted by the executive director, make advance arrangements to drop off your product(s) to be sampled and packaging approved by market manager. Drop off at your convenience at any market.
- Application and product will be reviewed and you will receive a response based on the admissions timeline posted at the start of the application process.
- If approved, apply for City of Austin/Travis County farmers’ market health permit.
- Once you have a farmers’ market health permit and general liability insurance, complete Hold Harmless Form and respond to your application confirmation email from the executive director with a start date (preferably at least by the Monday before desired weekend start).