CELEBRATE EARTH DAY WITH US! #consumelesssharemore
Did you know that Austin throws 18,000 pounds of textiles in the landfill EVERY SINGLE DAY???
Did you know that when we work together we can get what we need and want AND help the earth too?
Join us for this EARTH DAY clothing swap at the Texas Farmers’ Market at Mueller at the historic Browning Hangar, where form meets both fun and function! Bring your cast-off garments. Bring that thing you love but never wear and tweak it for yourself or add it to the piles of sorted clothing. Talk to our stitchers just waiting to help you mend or re-style the perfect garment or get ideas for how you can DIY.
1. Do I need to bring clothes in order to get clothes? NO!!! Absolutely not. Our motto is BRING WHAT YOU CAN! TAKE WHAT YOU WANT!
2. Can I bring things other than clothing? You can bring accessories such as belts and hats and bags and shoes. Anything that you’d use WITH clothing. But please don’t bring anything else.
3. Is this just for adults? A big fat NO!! We’ll have sections for baby clothes and kid clothes too! It’ll be like a garment petting zoo!
4. Is there a fee to participate? Heck no! This is a free event being put on by the Texas Farmers’ Market at Mueller Farmer’s Market with support from Austin Resource Recovery’s Zero Waste Business Rebate from the City of Austin.
5. Do I need to register in order to attend? Registration is optional but helps us get a feel for how many might be there. It is not imperative but it is helpful. And if you do register, no need to print your ticket; let’s keep it zero waste!
6. Can I help? Yes! We’d love to have your help. If you’d like to help, email Bernadette! With the subject heading MUELLER CLOTHES SWAP. Let us know if you’d like to sew. You can also help by sharing this event link!
7. Is there parking? Yes, there is parking all over Mueller but there are also lots of Cap Metro busses that you can take. Check out the trip planning features here!