CLOTHING SWAP!!! WITH SEWING STATIONS!!! Just in time for post-holiday purging and back-to-school prepping! Bring the whole family!
Change your wardrobe and stock up on fresh produce and other delectables from the 100+ farmers’ market vendors!
Did you know that Austin throws 18,000 pounds of textiles in the landfill EVERY SINGLE DAY???
Did you know that when we work together we can get what we need and want AND help the earth too?
Join us at the Texas Farmers’ Market at LAKELINE. Bring your cast-off garments. Bring that thing you love but never wear and tweak it for yourself or add it to the piles of sorted clothing. Swap it. Patch it. Change it. Talk to our stitchers just waiting to help you re-style the perfect garment or make it yourself in collaboration with this amazing community!
1. Do I need to bring clothes in order to get clothes? NO!!! Absolutely not. Our motto is BRING WHAT YOU CAN! TAKE WHAT YOU WANT!
2. Can I bring things other than clothing? You can bring accessories such as belts and hats and bags and shoes. Anything that you’d use WITH clothing. But please don’t bring anything like toys or books or what not.
3. Is this just for adults? A big fat NO!! We’ll have sections for baby clothes and kid clothes too! It’ll be like a garment petting zoo!
4. Is there a fee to participate? Heck no! This is a free event being put on by the Texas Farmers’ Market at Lakeline.
5. Do I need to register in order to attend? No. Registration is not required but helps us get a feel for how many might be there. And if you do register, no need to print your ticket; let’s keep it zero waste!
6. Can I help? Yes! We’d love to have your help. If you’d like to help, email Bernadette! With the subject heading LAKELINE CLOTHES SWAP. Let us know if you’d like to sew. You can also help by sharing this event link!
7. Is there parking? Yes, there is plenty of free parking! Or take the Cap Metro light rail! Check out the trip planning features here!