As a thank you for bringing your awesome mama out to markets today, we’re giving away 300 paper flowers at TFM at Mueller (9a-1p) and TFM at Domain (3-6p). Supplies are limited so get to your market early. We think mamas of all varieties, including pet mamas, are the bees’ knees!
Instructions for planting, courtesy of the flower seed paper company:
When to plant
1. Plant the paper outdoors in the cooler months, fall through early spring. Fall plantings will take advantage of the winter rains to give you early spring blooms.
2. Plant anytime indoors, then transplant to a more permanent location in early spring.
How to plant and nourish
1. Loosen the soil.
2. Soak the seed paper in water overnight.
3. Plant the wet seed paper in the prepared soil, at a depth of about 1/4 inch.
4. Water well, especially during the first four to six weeks.
5. Practice weed control.