Market Recipe: Summer Squash Fritters
Made at Cedar Park Farmers Marker on Saturday, June 16th 2012
• 3 squash (any variety)
• 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• ¼ cup chopped onion
• 1/8 cup flour or cornmeal or mixture (I use soy flour)
• 1 egg
• ¾ teaspoon Black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon oil
Can also add a diced jalapeno or other peppers
- Grate the squash with a cheese grater (or use your food processor) into mixing bowl.
- Add the cheese, onion and egg.
- Mix together and then add flour/cornmeal until it is almost a dry mix.
- Heat oil in skillet and drop spoon size/or patties amounts of mixture into hot oil and flatten to make into shape of pancake.
- Fry until golden brown and sprinkle with salt.