Currently Open Positions:
Classification: Part-time, hourly
Reports to: Operations Manager
Crew Up/Down at Texas Farmers’ Market (TFM) includes the setup and takedown of all infrastructure for the Farmers’ Market. The position requirements include access to reliable transportation, reliable schedule/availability/punctuality for shifts, ability to lift 50 lbs or more, understands and can communicate with Market Coordinator in English, able to be on feet for up to 3 hours at a time.
More detailed tasks of our crew are as follows:
- Arrive 2 hours before market opens to begin setup
- Check in with Market Coordinator to discuss market layout and plan
- Execute set up of rental tents, as well as various TFM, band, and audience tents. Tent set ups include one tent canopy, four weights, and one table.
- Set up handwashing stations, prep TFM booths with tablecloths, table risers, merch, etc
- Fill water coolers and restock market consumables
- Place signs for market customers to be led into market
- Provide basic customer service to our market vendors by answering questions as needed or directing them to Market Coordinator for an answer
- Check in with Market Coordinator about remaining tasks/needs when unsure of what else to do
- Check out with Market Coordinator before leaving site at end of shift
Crew Up/Down operates on a split shift, working 2 hours before market open and then returning to work 2 hours after market close. Shifts may run short or long but will be approximately in accordance with these hours. Crew tasks are split among a team of people all working to get our markets up and running. There may be availability to work crew shifts at our other market on other days as needed.
To apply, please email [email protected] with the subject “Market Crew”.
Marketing & Events Coordinator
Classification: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week
Reports to: Deputy Director
Position Start Date: June 1, 2020
Salary: Position starts at $16/hr w/ potential raise after a 6-month trial
The Marketing & Events Coordinator completes a variety of marketing and events tasks for Texas Farmers’ Market (TFM). The role performs regular duties including but not limited to social media management, web page updates, event coordination, community outreach, local media appearances and at-market photographer scheduling. The Marketing & Events Coordinator identifies and capitalizes on any and all opportunities to assist and market TFM to the public. This role works flexible hours remotely (in the Austin area), but must be available on Tuesdays 1-3pm and Fridays 8:30am-11:30am.
- Attends Texas Farmers’ Markets on a regular basis to develop relationships with vendors and acts as a public-facing TFM representative.
- Implements the TFM social media schedule on Instagram and Facebook, creating attractive posts and captions that embody and promote the TFM mission. Responds to inquiries in comments and messages as needed. Social media schedule duties include the following tasks:
- Edits information provided by vendors to promote Fresh at the Market
- Reaches out to producers directly to feature what they will be selling
- Profiles new vendors
- Publicizes market events
- Shares chef recipes
- Promotes community events and articles relevant to TFM
- Compiles monthly social media metrics updates & presents during Tuesday calls
- Maintains TFM website calendar of events, recipes and vendor attendance list
- Assists the Deputy Director in crafting weekly shopper newsletters
- Attends community events to develop new partnerships and deepen current partnerships
- Represents TFM on the local media on select occasions
- Coordinates weekly market photographers, sends out monthly schedule sign ups, handles absences and recruits new photographers
- Researches new options for marketing opportunities or service providers. Obtains quotes, follows through with setting up as a vendor and scheduling service
- Creates and updates social media guide for vendors to help increase their sales, as well as acts as the point person throughout the year to help vendors troubleshoot issues
- Helps coordinate events and chef demos at the farmers’ market, sometimes being called on to lead said events
- Helps implement additional events that do not occur during farmers’ markets, but directly tie into marketing the farmers’ market and raising funds for the Ag Producer Support Fund
- Covers various Deputy Director tasks in their absence as needed
Click here to see the full job description. To apply, please email the Deputy Director at [email protected] with the subject “Marketing & Events Coordinator Application” and include a resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Texas Farmers’ Market.
Food Access Associate — Mueller
The Operations team is currently hiring for Food Access Associates for our Sunday market at Mueller Lake Park. Food Access Associates with Texas Farmers’ Market are expected to have English/Spanish fluency, including the ability to communicate detailed elements of government programs.
They will conduct exchange with Food Access clients in English or Spanish in order to fulfill the following Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Help customers use their SNAP and WIC/FMNP vouchers and cards to make purchases.
- Distribute matching benefits in the form of paper scrip which can then be redeemed for fruits and vegetables.
- Inform clients on how to use vouchers and scrip at farmers’ markets.
- Record distribution of FMNP vouchers and SNAP scrip to clients in appropriate issuance logs.
- Track the DUFB program by asking brief questions of customers and entering their responses into an iPad on-site.
- Distribute general information about the markets and execute market merchandise sales.
This position operates outdoors, year-round, and rain or shine. There are sometimes difficult temperature and/or weather circumstances.
To apply, please email [email protected] with the subject “Food Access Associate – Sundays” and 1-2 paragraphs detailing your interest in the position.