Coconuts – What’s the craze about?
What’s the big deal with coconuts? Coconut water, coconut oil….why is everyone suddenly into it, after centuries of production? Are the contents in the coconut-shell all that it’s cracked up to be?
Let’s break it down and take a look.
Coconut Water Benefits:
- Energy – from electrolytes. It’s natural compared to products like Red Bull or energy drinks that make users crash later.
- Immunity – The potassium and magnesium contents provide a shelter from diseases like kidney stones or heart disease.
- Low Calorie Beverage – compared to other marketed drinks, coconut water is low in calories. One serving is approximately 50 calories alone.
Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Cholesterol Control – Virgin coconut oil helps to manage cholesterol with its monounsaturated fats.
- Hair and Skin Nourishment – coconut oil contains Vitamin E, which is ideal for retaining moisture in the hair and skin.
- Antibacterial Treatment – the antioxidants in coconut oil help fight infections like diaper rash, yeast infections and other conditions.
- Weight Management – Overall, coconut oil is a good type of fat. It can be used as an alternative to vegetable or olive oils, as a weight control supplement. That is, when used in moderation.
- Disease Control – Research has shown that coconut oil has aided patients that suffer from Alzheimer’s and other incurable diseases, by slowing the progression.
Organic coconut water and oil will help keep you and your family healthy and chemical free.