2018-19 Value Added Vendor Application
Value-added vendors create culinary products from any operation that has changed the form, flavor, blend and/or the substance of raw products using as many market products as available, preference given to those vendors who use local products. Organic ingredients must be incorporated when available. Commercial kitchen must be within 150 miles of the market attended. Value-added vendors operate under a Class A or B City of Austin Farmers’ Market Permit or as Cottage food producers, or in some cases do not need a COA health permit (e.g. dog food).
-Examples: Salsa, Hummus, Cider, Dog Food or Treats, Baked Goods, Herbal products
- NEW VENDORS: A $75 application fee is required in order to process any new vendor applications. Pay the fee here. Must be paid before TFM will consider your application or discuss details surrounding your application. No refunds issued. Paying this fee does not guarantee admission to the market(s).
- Texas Farmers’ Markets are year round, rain or shine markets, weekly attendance is expected 40 of 50 weeks minimum. If you cannot commit to that attendance and/or use of seasonal market products, please do not apply.
- Food to be sold must be presented for sampling and inspection of labeling before acceptance into market/s. The executive director will request these samples from you, please do not drop off before invited to do so.
All food items must be clearly labeled according to Texas law and include:
- Contact information: address, phone number and/or email address
- Common usual name of product that consumers will recognize
- List of ingredients according to weight
- The eight major food allergens
- Please read Texas labeling laws here for details.
Farmers’ Market Permitting FAQs:
- What type of permit do I need?
- COA Food permitting FAQ sheet
- COA phone number (512) 978-0300
- Address: 1520 Rutherford Lane, 78767. Southeast entrance, building 1, 2nd floor
- Walk-in Hours: Monday through Friday 7:45 AM to 3:30 PM, call to confirm hours for lobby (7:45a-4:30p)
- The processed permit must be picked up in person.
COTTAGE LAW VENDORS: must indicate on product labels this statement: This product is not inspected by any state of Texas or local health department. Please do not apply if your product is not specifically listed under Texas Cottage Food Law.
PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR NEW VENDORS:
- Read the Market Rules 2018-19.
- Pay $75 application fee online here – Must be paid before TFM will consider your application or discuss details surrounding your application. No refunds issued. Paying this fee does not guarantee admission to the market(s).
- Fill out application form.
- When contacted by the executive director, make advance arrangements to drop off your product(s) to be sampled and packaging approved by market manager. Drop off at your convenience at either market.
- Application and product will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 10 business days.
- If approved, apply for City of Austin/Travis County farmers’ market health permit. Or apply for food handler’s permit if Cottage Law applicant.
- Once you have a farmers’ market health permit and general liability insurance, complete Hold Harmless Form and respond to your application confirmation email from the executive director with a start date (preferably at least by the Monday before desired weekend start).