2018-19 Agricultural Producer Vendor Application
Agricultural producer vendors grow produce that has been grown on the producer’s land (including leased land) located within 150 miles of the market attended. This vendor category also includes ranchers who raise animals for meat (excepting fish, fowl and feral animals), from animals born and bred on the producers’ land (including leased land) and processed at a USDA-inspected facility as well as processed meat products such as bacon, jerky and sausage, or products such as cheese, yogurt, honey, soap or yarn from these animals.
-Examples: Farmers, Ranchers, Beekeepers
- NEW VENDORS: A $25 application fee is required in order to process any new vendor applications. Pay the fee here. Must be paid before TFM will consider your application or discuss details surrounding your application. No refunds issued. Paying this fee does not guarantee admission to the market(s).
- Texas Farmers’ Markets are year round, rain or shine markets, weekly attendance is expected 40 of 50 weeks minimum. If you cannot commit to that attendance, please do not apply.
- Nursery Vendors: Any business that grows or distributes plants with the intent to sell in temporary markets or at a temporary location needs a Nursery Floral License Class M and an Event Permit for each event (each market day you attend).
- Ranchers: Frozen meats require a City of Austin (COA) Farmers’ Market health permit (B) and must be processed and packaged at approved and permitted facilities. They must be labeled and must meet TFER rules for time kept hot or cold as required.
- Eggs only: Requires a health department permit but the fee is waived by COA. Eggs must be kept cooled at 45 degrees or less.
Farmers’ Market Permitting FAQs:
- What type of permit do I need?
- COA Food permitting FAQ sheet
- COA phone number (512) 978-0300
- Address: 1520 Rutherford Lane, 78767. Southeast entrance, building 1, 2nd floor
- Walk-in Hours: Monday through Friday 7:45 AM to 3:30 PM, call to confirm hours for lobby (7:45a-4:30p)
- The processed permit must be picked up in person.